Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winter Fun

Guess what we did yesterday....

Dwayne and the boys go down.....

...and then back up. Isaac was a trooper and climbed back up pretty much on his own every time.

It was so nice Dwayne actually took a day off Tuesday and we decided to make a spur of the moment trip up to Flagstaff to play in the snow. It was quite the "adventure" as there were plenty of things we forgot (spare clothes for Cassandra and ibuprofen to name a few), but we had fun and learned some lessons along the way. Such as make sure to drink plenty of water as I got a migraine and got sick when it came time to go home and make sure and get there early so you can leave early as we almost got snowed in (the two hour drive took 3 1/2 hrs). I'd say for our first family adventure on our own though (yes, first one on our own can you believe it?) we did pretty good since we made it back in one piece and didn't end up on the evening newscast. ;)






Dwayne started using his body as a sled. Why you may ask? I don't know you think he would have learned from his first trip down, but the boys loved it.

Rebekah decided to go down the BIG hill. She had already gone down the easier smoother hills, but didn't believe daddy that even the bigger boys that were there didn't want to go down this one. She had to try it though....


Okay the last part and I didn't get any pictures of this, but we had to drag the kids away kicking and screaming literally. It was getting late and they didn't want to leave. They were so cozy in their nice winter gear they didn't even feel the cold I think. =)

0 comments: