Thursday, July 29, 2010

We really did have a birthday party for the kids

I didn’t realize it had been so long since I blogged last and that I hadn’t included the birthday party we had for our June birthdays. Dwayne turned 32, Isaac 4, and Cassandra 1. We were planning on having a special one year party for Cassandra, but she ended up getting sick a day or two before so I decided against it and we just had a group party on the 13th. Rather than a different cake for each person we did cupcakes (otherwise we would have been eating cake for a month!)

IMG_1742 IMG_1743 IMG_1745IMG_1748IMG_1752 It was shortly after this that Isaac had his surgery. And now for an update on that. Remember what his thumb looked like before?IMG_1760 Well here’s the after: IMG_1805

It’s now been over a month since the surgery and the scar is slowly going away and as you can see he’s pretty much got the full range of motion in that last joint now. So what do we think of this?IMG_1803

And I also forgot to blog about my sister Sharice and her husband Derek coming down here to visit the end of May, but it’s been so long I think I’ll just post some of the pictures from the zoo trip we took. It was lots of fun to see them. They were really busy trying to fit in visits with all the family while Derek was out of school and before they made their move from St. George to SLC so that Derek can start his first year of med school this fall.


And last of the updates even before that happened Rebekah had her last day of school. She got several certificates including math and art along with an attendance certificate (she only missed one day of school the whole year!)

IMG_1711IMG_1714But my favorite was the last ones that her teacher Ms. Mineck handed out. They were certificates with what she thought they might grow up to be. Here’s the picture with Rebekah receiving her award for “Future Talk Show Host”, because she likes to talk a lot and ask alot of questions!IMG_1715 She really loved her teacher this year and IMG_1716I’m sure that she will miss having Ms. Mineck as a teacher next year. We’re hoping that since her kindergarten teacher is returning this next year as a second grade teacher that she will be able to have her again. Wouldn’t that be fun! Rebekah really loved having her as a teacher as well.

1 comments:

Derek and Sharice said...

I LOVED rebekah's future talk show host. Good update. Miss you guys tons and can't wait for our next visit.