Friday, May 16, 2008

Rain Rain come our Way!

We had a Happy Mother's Day here. I got pancakes for breakfast and a Culver's Oreo cookie ice cream cake from Dwayne for dessert that night. It was especially yummy. We were even so lucky this week to get rain on Tuesday. We were so surprised when we heard it outside and the kids begged me to play in it, so I said, "Okay put on your swim suits and have at it!" Rebekah is so much the Phoenician that she had to wear her princess sweatshirt over her swim suit because "it was too cold!" Plus they were just dying to try out the umbrella that Rebekah got at preschool months ago and hasn't had a chance to use yet. We love the rain when it comes and it was nice as it was just starting to get pretty hot here and the rain managed to hold off the 100 degree temps for a while longer.
It seems like my kids have just had bad luck with banging up their faces this last little bit too. Isaac fell down on the sidewalk face first and skinned his lip a little while ago. It was right after Rebekah's black eye had just gone away. I'm sure when people see me with my kids in the grocery store they think I beat them! And I love this picture of Nathan. I'm practicing so that I can take the kids photos by myself. It's just so hard to get to a photo studio to get the pictures every time one of them hits an age milestone. I learned some things from my experience so hopefully the next ones I take won't be just for practice.

0 comments: