
Just thought I'd take a minute while it was quiet around here and update the blog for this past week. A couple of weeks ago we decided that since Rebekah was having a half day last Friday that it would be a good time to go camping and invite our friends, the Hale's to go with us. It worked out really well even though the Hale's almost didn't make it due to an unfortunate turn of events involving their truck and Neal. Everything turned out okay though and we had a great time. We decided to go to Lynx Lake. I remember going there as a kid and thought it would be fun to go back. Things have changed a lot since then I guess, because you used to be able to just turn off the road and find a good spot to set up your tent. Well now it's all developed camping (very nice with restrooms and everything). I personally like it when there are less people around. To me that's the whole point of going camping is to get away from the city and the noise and everything, but we decided that for family camping it's not so bad since it's really close to town and has toilets. It was kind of funny because when we first arrived we could only find one camping spot and it happened to be next to this nice couple that wasn't too fond of kids. The girls decided to ask the lady if they could pet her dog to which she told them they could, but when they reached out to pet the little dog in her arms she kind of cringed like she didn't really want them touching the dog. When I saw that I went back and told Colleen, "They're going to hate us!" We were a campers worst nightmare for neighbors. Four little kids and a dog! Fortunately we had sent the guys out to check and see if there were any other campsites available that looked better. They did happen to find one that worked out better and there were actually other kids around, so I didn't feel so bad when our kids made a ton of noise.
The next day we went on a hike around the lake. It was just the right length to wear everyone out. Isaac actually made it hiking halfway, and then he got really grumpy and tired so we put Nathan in the snuggly for me to carry, and Isaac in the backpack so he could take a nap and degrumpify(yes this is a word I've come to use quite often in association with Isaac). Along the way we got to see lizards, a horny toad, ducks, and a crane. All in all it was a really nice camping trip. I'm so glad we were able to at least sneak one in there before the end of summer. I told Dwayne maybe next summer I'd like to go on a backpacking trip just the two of us. I think that would be really fun. Who knows anything is possible right? Maybe I can actually get my wish.
Right now my mom, Sharice, and Kael are visiting for a few days. Sharice and Kael are staying with me while mom is with my grandma and grandad. It's been fun having Sharice around and last night Dwayne had fun remembering what it's like to hold such a little one again (not that he's out of practice since it hasn't hardly even been a year since Nathan being born). I told Dwayne I think I'm to the point that I can enjoy having them visit without wanting another one of my own. We'll see how long that lasts.
Okay the quiet moment has passed around here and unfortunately I didn't bring my camera on the campout. Both Colleen and I forgot our cameras and thought no big deal the other one would remember. Oh well. So I found a pic of Lynx Lake on the internet to give you and idea of what it looks like. This is what it looked like hiking down from our campsite. Enjoy!
1 year ago




1 comments:
Fun stuff! Wow, the lake is beautiful. I'm glad y'all got to go. :)
Post a Comment