For those that haven't heard, yes, we had Cassandra on the 6th of June. Two days past her due date. When I went into labor that evening all I could think was boy she'd better be born before midnight so she and her brother don't have to share a b-day! Finally she did something that I wanted her to do and she arrived just in time at 10:58 that evening (a whole hour to spare!). All of my anxiety about Dwayne being out on a flight and scrambling to find a ride to the hospital and someone to watch the kids was for nothing. He was at home and we had plenty of time to drop the kids off at his parents and still got to the hospital before the contractions were too bad, we didn't have to rush (got to ride in the wheelchair this time instead of the hospital bed upstairs) got the paperwork done and an epidural with a half hour to spare before I delivered. All in all couldn't have asked for things to go any better (other than if she had arrived when I originally planned on having her here!).
She is now three weeks old and is doing very well. The older kids are adjusting to having her around. I think Nathan has probably had it the hardest since she has taken his place on my lap most of the time now, but he's starting to come around and gets excited about "baby" especially when she starts crying he has to let me know "baby, baby, baby!".
We do have some pictures, but unfortunately our old computer finally gave out on us so I'm waiting to get the camera loaded onto the new computer and that won't happen until Dwayne gets back from NY. He left Wednesday for work and was supposed to be back late last night, but due to a storm and lightning hitting both the tower and a terminal causing both to lose power, his flight was delayed enough that he would miss his connecting flight and with no more flights out that night he decided to stay in NY one more day and visit with an old buddy that moved out there a year or two ago. Hopefully he'll be back tonight and get the new computer hooked up with everything.
The latest update is that when I took the kids to see the doctor on Wednesday I had the pediatrician look at Isaac's thumb (it has been locked in a bent position for a while now) and she immediately said he had trigger thumb. So now we have an appointment to go see an orthopedic specialist next month. When I have an update on that I'll do another post.
1 year ago




2 comments:
Oh hooray on your new baby girl! I love the same Cassandra! Are you going to call her that or a shortened version? Can't wait for pictures!
CONGRATS! Glad it went so well, albiet later than expected.
Can't wait to see pics of baby Cassandra! :)
Post a Comment