First I needed a new battery in order to figure out what I was dealing with. I also chose to correct some oil leaks that I found from the oil cooler lines and front drive shafts. The flexible oil lines deteriorated and were leaking where it connected to the rigid lines.
The image of the output shaft seal is the new one (one of two) installed. When I went to pull the axle shafts I had to disconnect the sway bar end links.
In which I was force to purchase new ones being the old ones where rusted and sheared when I went to take them off.
My father pointed out the joys of removing an engine or transmission from an S-10. Involving lifting the body from the frame 4 inches in order to remove a engine to transmission bolt that was high on the driver side. More time consuming then difficult.

A fellow coworker allowed me to borrow his engine stand so that I could swap parts over to the remanufactured engine.
I cleaned the exhaust manifolds of rust and painted them with a High Temp paint for those off road conditions. Since the water pump was bare metal it also recieved a coat.

I installed the engine with new mounts and began reassembly from the center outward.

The Blazer is up and running and currently up to 100 miles into the engine break-in period. Shannon is happy to have her van in the garage again. I know it seemed like it took me a long time, but it was when I had a couple of hours during the week and about half a day on the weekend.




1 comments:
Way to go Dwayne! That is so awesome. I can't believe how much car knowledge you have. It is just amazing to me. Thanks so much for working on the blazer. It was so nice of you. You did a great job!
Post a Comment