Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Rebekah’s First Loose Tooth

It FINALLY happened.  It has been wiggling for months now and yesterday when I did my usual wiggle test for Rebekah it made a little cracking noise.  I was a little too grossed out by it to actually pull it out plus I didn’t want to hurt her.  Abby was over visiting yesterday and Rebekah really wanted it out so Abby was more than willing to help her finish it off.  (After all Abby is an expert now having lost 8 already.)IMG_1806 So last night Rebekah got to use the tooth pillow that we made a week or two ago to leave her tooth for the tooth fairy.  She was so excited.  She helped trace and cutout the tooth and stuff the pillow and I did the sewing and embroidery.  Ever since she’s been begging me to pull out her tooth so she could use it.IMG_1810 When it came time to go to bed she started crying and said she was going to miss her tooth and went on about how it was so good and helped her eat all sorts of things like corn, so she wrote a little goodbye note to her tooth and left it for the tooth fairy to see with a little pad and pencil for the tooth fairy to leave her a note.  When she woke up in the morning and read the note the tooth fairy left her and saw the dollar she was pretty excited and forgot all about how much she was going to miss that tooth.

3 comments:

Derek and Sharice said...

That is too funny! Love that kiddo. I can totally see her crying about needing her tooth to eat corn. The pillow is a super cute idea! Love it.

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

So cute!

Jerris Heaton said...

Congrats Rebecca! I love the pillow, so cute! -JJE