Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tree Adventure

Okay so it's been almost a month since I've last posted, but it's hard to justify spending time on the computer when you're house is a disaster. Well it's still a disaster, but I figure I'd better put something on or I'll never start back up again. We had a wonderful time at Thanksgiving with my family and everyone else posted pictures of it so I'm not going to post mine since it happened weeks ago.
Our latest adventure was going up to Payson to get a live Christmas tree. Neither of us has ever done this before so it was a new experience. Our Realtor gave us a tag for one though when our new house closed so we thought we'd give it a try. It was actually lots of fun. I don't know if we'll be doing it again next year since it's hard to do with little kids, but maybe when they're all a little older we'll do it again. Thanks to our friends the Hales for letting us use their truck. We were a little worried that there might be snow on the ground up their and thought our minivan might have a little trouble and Dwayne's truck is in the process of being "fixed" right now so it was really nice that they let us borrow theirs. Rebekah probably had the most fun. Even with the disappointment of what little snow their was being hard packed so she couldn't throw snowballs like she wanted to. She had fun helping pick out the "perfect" Christmas tree. The boys mostly just froze their little toes off. And then Isaac decided to sing "Jingle Bomb" on the way back until he fell asleep. In case you're wondering what that is it's Jingle Bells when a two year old hasn't learned all the words yet.

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's so fun! How does the tree look in your house? I bet it smells wonderful! :)

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Looks like lots of fun! We miss you guys.