All right hopefully I can finish this up today so that I can get it posted. Here is our Easter weekend. We had a wonderful time visiting with family. Josh (a.k.a. Unkie Jots) and my SIL Nicole and her kids were able to come and visit. Josh to see our cousin Chelsea get married and Nicole to visit her family down here. It was a very full weekend. Friday we went to the zoo with all 8 of the kids.
I think we all had fun. The kids I think just loved being together. They were able to have some good cousin time between the sleepover at our house the night before and the zoo the next day.
Saturday evening Dwayne and I dropped off the kids at his parents got to go to my cousin Chelsea’s wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but my cousin Chase’s wife, Lauren, took some pictures. If you’d like to see them click here. It was a wonderful wedding and we were able to stop in for a short time at the reception before picking up some ice cream at cold stone on our way to pick up the kids. It was nice to get out and away from the kids for a bit and spend some time with my hubby.
Sunday the kids woke up to Easter baskets from the Easter bunny and went on an egg hunt in the back yard. I got a wonderful idea from a family in my mission to put the Easter story into a dozen eggs. Each egg holds a verse from the Easter story and an item to represent the verse. As the kids open the eggs in order we get to read the Easter story. I think this is a wonderful way to balance between the fun of the Easter bunny and the real reason we celebrate Easter.
Then later that afternoon we went to Dwayne’s parents for another Easter egg hunt and a wonderful Easter dinner.






0 comments:
Post a Comment