Boy there are a lot of things I wanted to blog about I apologize for the randomness. Here is a picture from the afore mentioned sleepover. (We let all the big kids sleep out on an air mattress together. This was after the movie was over and they were all passed out.) Believe it or not they all slept through the night!
Here is just a funny thing. Cassandra started to jabber. So Dwayne and I are having a contest to see if she says mama or dada first. The older two both said dada first, but Nathan gave me hope by saying mama first. So she was jabbering away one night and Dwayne was saying that for sure she was saying dada to him, but I don’t think so I think she was just jabbering. What do you think?
We decided to plant a garden this year, and Dwayne’s mom suggested we do it at their place. So, back in February we went over an helped make, fill, and plant three square foot garden boxes like this one. I’ve been reading a lot about how simple these are to make and maintain and wanted to try it out. We’ll see how well it goes this year. If it works out good I think we’ll do something similar (we’ll have to be creative as our yard isn’t as big) next year at our house.
Continuing on with February, for Presidents day we went on a little hike and started a new adventure called letterboxing. This was an idea I got from reading one of my frugal blogs I keep up on and was a suggestion for a free activity to do. We went to Thunderbird park and with my SIL Renee and
her kids and my MIL Jan. We were lucky and Jan was able to find one of the three boxes. So we were able to get the first stamp in our book and put our stamp in someone else’s log book. It was very exciting.
Oh I had to add in here what Rebekah did for Valentine’s day. I had made the beds and Dwayne had to go somewhere that morning and when I went in a little later I found this on our pillows… In case you can’t tell she gave us each a valentine made out especially to each of us and she even got them on the right sides of the bed. How cute is that?
A friend had given me a couple of steaks as a thank you for something I had done for her so we had a wonderful steak and sautéed asparagus along with sparkling cider saved from New Years for our Valentine’s dinner after the kids went to bed. It was kind of late but was so nice to be able to sit down and enjoy a nice meal together.
Okay I think this is the last thing. Here is a video from Christmas. I think this is hilarious. My brother Josh and another one of my brothers Jerris and his wife Jill got together and got Rebekah a Wii for Christmas. I wrapped up the game and a separate controller that came with it and then had her open them one at a time saving the actual Wii for the last. Her friend Abby has a Wii so Rebekah has been asking for one too. Well, as she was opening the presents she would see something on it that said Wii so she’d start yelling, “I got a Wii, I got a Wii!” and then we’d tell her that no, it wasn’t a Wii it was just the game or the controller to which she would reply, “What am I going to do with these.” She thought and thought and thought about it and decided she’d just have to use them at Abby’s house. So here is the video after all the presents had been opened we finally let her open this last one and here’s what happened. This is for you Josh, Jerris, and Jill!




1 comments:
love it! Shawn jabbers the same exact way and I don' think it has anything to do with daddy.
Post a Comment