Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dwayne went to Vegas

IMG_1827 I took clients to Las Vegas from Thursday to Friday just so they could watch a football game. My new job is so cool.

IMG_1826

Hotels.com got me into the Stratosphere for $30. The view from the room was decent.

IMG_1843

IMG_1840

After I checked in I walked through their mall to the elevator that takes you to the top. Before the elevator is a security check point (no weapons at all). Level 108 is the stopping point (indoor observation deck).

IMG_1831 The first thing I found was called the sky jump. They connect you to a cable and you jump off a ledge with a controlled, very brisk, decent to the Skyjump gift shop at the mall level.


IMG_1832

At the end of the cable spool is a 3 bladed fan that looks as if to cool the cable assembly.

IMG_1828

The indoor observation deck had three angles of glass to look up, out, and of course Down. You could see the base of the tower and the streets below. As you walk around there were places to observe the rides one floor up.IMG_1837

IMG_1838

IMG_1833

On the outdoor observation deck you could only view to the south. That is if your not riding any rides 109 floors up.



Las Vegas McCarrin International is one of the two pictures I took from the outdoor observation deck. I could see the building that I brought my clients through.IMG_1834

Looking south down the stripe. The best place to watch the X-Scream was the Outdoor observation deck.


The first video is a SkyJumper from the indoor observation deck.

Second is riders waiting, only one in the box at a time.

Third is a jumper from the side walk, my neck was sore waiting to get a video.

4th is the insanity ride, with a view looking down to see the shadow of the tower.


0 comments: