Monday, September 27, 2010

Brothers

I just wanted to put this in here to remember when my boys are older and quite possibly don't get along, or are... you know basically teenagers. I want to look back and remember how much they love each other and how sweet they can be. I wrote on facebook last week that Nathan lost his balloon. We made a trip to the grocery store last Tuesday and there was a nice lady there handing out mylar balloons and offered them each one. I knew that one of them was going to lose one...it always happens with kids. Nathan decided to take his out in the backyard to play with the next morning while I was walking Abby and Rebekah to school. Dwayne was just waking up and listening to the kids in the backyard while they were playing when Nathan started screaming at the top of his lungs and pounding on the back door. Of course Dwayne thought he had been injured so he came running out in the back yard to see what had happened only to hear Nathan saying, "My balloon Daddy! Go get it!" So Dwayne ran back in the house and threw on some clothes (remember he had just woken up) to run back outside only to see a small blue speck in the sky where the boys were pointing and telling him to get a helicopter and go get it (you know daddy's a pilot he should be able to do that right?). It was just soooo sad. Nathan could hardly be consoled. When I came home from dropping off the girls he was still crying in his room while Dwayne told me the story. We would both have been laughing hysterically if he hadn't been just so sad. I let him play Wii and that seemed to cheer him up enough to stop crying, but all day we would randomly hear, "My balloon!" in a sad wimpery little voice.

Now the part that I want to remember. I went to tuck in the boys that night and Isaac being the sweet boy that he is, had let Nathan hold his balloon while he fell asleep. The next night it was Isaac's turn. They took turns each night falling asleep with it until the poor thing was almost completely limp. Now that's brotherly love.

2 comments:

Derek and Sharice said...

Ah man Shannon. What a good story! I'm glad you wrote it down. It is moments like those that i want to remember too. Isaac is so sweet! Love your cute fam! Miss you!

Shelly said...

You do realize that this post will be ONE YEAR OLD next month. Seriously, just bite the bullet and post something new. :) LOVE YOU!!!!!!

-Shell-