Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Isaac can swing!

I wanted to put in this video of Isaac swinging. I am realizing how true the saying is that each kid is different as my kids get older. All of them had basic similarities as babies although even then they still managed to start showing the differences and they are continuing to grow stronger in these little personalities they have. Rebekah is probably too much like me for her own good, but she’s a sweet girl that thinks of others and she loves to be my little companion. Isaac is definitely our thinker. He won’t even try to do things until he’s completely thought it through and then he just gets it. No tries…just gets it. Nathan on the other hand is probably the polar opposite in personality. He tries and tries and tries and eventually he gets it. I’m hoping this means he’ll have a good work ethic as he gets older. And Cassandra right now is just starting to show her personality well. She’s the little princess with daddy wrapped around her little finger. If she has a choice between me or Dwayne she almost always chooses Dwayne. For example after we got back from our trip to Oakland and her first night away from home I decided to see who she’d go to first. Well, she walked right by me and went straight to Dwayne much to my surprise. Every morning before he leaves for work and every afternoon when he comes home she needs to be picked up and loved by him. She gives her own little love pats too.

We got this “new to us” swing set last weekend and Dwayne put it up. It’s hard to believe the thing has already been through two families worth of kids and has to be around 40 years old. It’s very sturdy though and the kids love it. The funny thing is that it looks like Isaac has learned how to swing before Rebekah! Like I said he’s a thinker! It won’t be the first thing he’s done before Rebekah though and we’ll just leave it at that. ;-)



And here's a little of Cassandra's cuteness. She has started to do this after she sees me cleaning things up. She'll grab whatever rag she can and just start wiping things. Oh here she is walking too for those that haven't seen it yet. I'm so disappointed that I wasn't able to get a video of her right when she first started walking. Every time I'd get the camera she'd stop or I wouldn't have the camera when there was a good moment.


And just in case that wasn't enough cuteness here's another story. While Josh was here last weekend we were sitting down to eat Sunday dinner before he left for the airport. I had to do something so I just set my plate on the table next to Cassandra figuring Josh would protect it from her in case she tried to grab it. Well I guess I didn't need to worry about that as she had decided she didn't want to eat her peas and that my plate was a good place to put them. I caught her just as she stopped and decided that peas are okay to eat and started to take them back off my plate. Wish I had been able to get more of this as it was hilarious.

3 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

So cute! They are getting SO big.

Jerris Heaton said...

Go Isaac- that's great! Cassandra is so cute- what a good helper. -jj&e

Brian said...

Wow, Cassandra. You're getting so big! HAPPY BIRTHDAY.