Thursday, August 07, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

It's always nice to be woken up in the morning to, "Happy Birthday! Now you're as old as me! Haha!" It's a good thing I love him or we wouldn't be speaking now. ;)
I almost got to share a birthday with my brand new nephew Kael. I guess he couldn't wait another 14 hours. That would have been a great birthday present to be able to give away my birthday like my mom and Josh. Especially since this is my 30th. Oh well at least it should be easy to remember his birthday! Hopefully Sharice and Derek will be posting some pictures of him as soon as they're home from the hospital. I can't wait to see them.
I already had a wonderful surprise party last Friday on the 1st. My mother-in-law, Jan threw me a girl's party. I had such a good time. I've never had a surprise party before let alone one that big, so it was really exciting for me. There was tons of food and games and at the end Jan had made everyone huge root beer floaty mugs with their names etched on them, so we all got giant frosty root beer floaties for our dessert. Boy does Jan know how to throw a party. She is such a great mother-in-law it's been nice to have her so close especially with my own mother being so far away. Nobody will ever be able to take the place of my mom, but Jan comes in a close second. :) Thanks to everyone who came! I had such a great time and it was great to see so many people there!
Tonight Dwayne is taking me out to dinner and a movie. So I'm looking forward to that. (P.S. I love this picture of Isaac I just had to add it in. After our visit with Grandma on Saturday, and of course the kids have to ask for balloons, Isaac fell asleep this way. He's just all partied out!)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! That's so fun that you had a surprise party... and that you had to wear a birthday tiara. ;)

Anonymous said...

You deserve it sis! Love ya!