So it's official Rebekah started Kindergarten today and right now I have the first day of many with a quiet house because she's at school and the boys are both down for their naps (a schedule I intend to keep) and what am I doing? I'm counting the hours until I have to go pick her up! It's not that I'm sad. I did really good, didn't cry at all (in fact I think I was more emotional about her starting preschool), I just can't wait to hear how her first day went!
She was so excited to get there and start. Yesterday at breakfast she asked me politely if I would please wake her up extra early so that she wouldn't be late for kindergarten (remember she has afternoon session and she knows it). This morning she was actually happy when she woke up and got right out of bed and all morning she was saying "I've got to get ready" and "Mommy it's time to go I don't want to be late." I had to keep reminding her that she wasn't going until after lunch.
When it was finally time to go she was pretty quiet most of the way and
when we got there she acted like a pro and was more than ready to be there. It made me feel good that she didn't have any trouble adjusting to this new phase in her life. Now hopefully I can adjust. :)
1 year ago




3 comments:
Wow. You have a kindergartner... That's crazy. I remember when we were little kids jumping on the trampoline at Grandpa Heaton's house. Time flies. I hope all is well!
Love you,
cousin Jess
Do they have uniforms at her school or is she just super trendy? :)
I can't believe she's in kindergarten either and yes Shell they have uniforms there. It's great because there's no arguments about tucking in the shirt or what she can and can't wear because all I have to do is say well that's the rules at school.
Post a Comment