Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Cassandra's Baby Blessing

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Josh, Sharice, Derek, and baby Kael came down to visit us for Cassandra's baby blessing. Sharice and I had a fun time going out to lunch with grandma to the Olive Garden on Saturday. No kids! "The boys" watched all five of the kids while we were out having fun. It was so nice to be able to spend some time with Sharice and my grandma. We laughed and had fun and did a little shopping too! Thanks grandma! I even got to show off some of my couponing skills to Sharice with $.50 icecream and free skittles. Yummy yummy. (Yes I know that we're supposed to be in a weight loss competition, but you have to have some treats sometime right?!) It even rained that weekend to cool things off a bit and made it just that much nicer.

Sunday the group from up north went to grandma's for breakfast and got to visit while we got ready for church, and then met us there for the blessing. Cassandra looked so pretty with her brand new dress (thanks to grandma Heaton), her pretty jewelry (thanks Auntie Janice), and her little bow that I saved from when Rebekah was a baby (I was so happy to be able to use it since I didn't really get to use them with Rebekah. Too much hair!) Dwayne was a little nervous as usual, but did a fine job too. Dwayne's parents also joined us and we spent the holiday with them as everyone else went back up north the next morning.

Josh, Sharice, Kael, and Derek at Grandma's house.


Girl's lunch at Olive Garden
(I know Shell and mom wish they could have been there. We missed you guys too!)


"The girls"
Rebekah is so happy to have a baby sister


Rebekah, Me, and Cassandra


Byron, Jan, Me, Dwayne, Josh, Sharice, Kael, Rebekah and Cassandra in front and thanks to Derek for taking the picture!
(The boys were in nursery by this time so we didn't even try to pry them away for the picture.)

3 comments:

Derek and Sharice said...

I love the picture with you, Rebekah and Cassandra! You girls are so cute!

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

We are so sorry we were not able to be there. Cassandra looked so beautiful! I guessed on the size so I'm glad that the jewelery fit her. I love the group photo with her sweet smile.

St@cey said...

I love you guys!